This is a list of minor terms (excluding characters, ships and locations), appearing in the Miniskirt Pirates/Mouretsu Pirates series, which currently don't have articles of their own, but have enough information for an entry beyond the Glossary.
Organizations and FactionsEdit
- Arc Mist (アークミスト, Ākumisuto): Spaceship manufacturing company responsible for the production of the Rhincodon-class and HH-class .
- Arcura (アルキュラ, Arukyura): A large private military company with a fleet various warships, including battleships, mobile cruisers and assault ships. They cooperated with the San Viento fleet in a plan to attack the Skull Star and their forces fought the Chimaera of Skylla but were defeated .
- Galactic Electronics (ギャラクティック・エレクトロニクス, Gyarakutikku Erekutoronikusu): A renowned electronics company .
- Gens Family: A criminal group operating at the Skull Star, involved in illegal human trafficking .
- Human Torch (ヒューマントーチ, Hyūmantōchi): A Galactic Empire corporation who produced a realistic android intended for infiltration purposes, a one-off model likely meant for a Stellar Military operation . An android of this type, disguised as Luca, was used by Quartz Christie to spy on the Bentenmaru .
- Gravity Control (重力制御, Jūryoku Seigyo): A technology which manipulates gravity around a vessel, allowing the ship to perform rapid zigzagging movements . The prototype mobile battleship Grand Cross makes use of this technology .
- Mechanical Display (メカニカル・ディスプレイ, Mekanikaru Disupurei): A display consisting of a gear, crank and mechanical pixels .
- Nanomachines (ナノマシン, Nanomashin): Microscopic machines that carry out a task requiring actions at a microscopic scale or where normal-sized machines cannot reach, such as within a person's blood stream.
- Powered Suit (パワードスーツ, Pawādosūtsu): A mechanical suit which is worn to support the wearer, usually boosting their strength and endurance .
- Solar Sail (太陽帆, Taiyō-han, alt. ソーラーセール, Sōrāsēru): A sail which is used to propel spaceships, such as the Odette II, on solar winds . Ships that primarily use solar sails for proulsion are referred to as solar sailers (太陽帆船, Taiyō Hansen) . Solar sails can be adjusted in order to reflect different amounts of radiation that fall on them .
- Thruster (スラスタ, Surasuta): A small emission device used by spacecraft and spacewalkers to make accurate movements in space.
- ArmaLite armour-penetrating beam gun: A handheld beam gun, which Ririka Kato used to use for pirating work and Marika used for firearms practice .
- Flash Dellinger (フラッシュ・デリンジャー, Furasshu Derinjā): A small beam gun used for self-defence .
- Jormungand (ヨルムンガンド, Yorumungando) is a ship-to-ship missile, one of the many weapons illegally sold to Theodore Coolph by Robert Dolittle .
- Phaser Arrow (フェイザー･アロー, Feizā Arō) is one of the many weapons illegally sold to Theodore Coolph by Robert Dolittle .
- Shout Blue (シャウトブルー, Shautoburū) is one of the many weapons illegally sold to Theodore Coolph by Robert Dolittle .
- GNN: A galactic television news program .
- Lagrange Point (ラグランジュ点, Raguranju-ten): A point between two or more celestial bodies where the gravitational forces acting from those bodies at the point are equal. Lagrangian Points are often used as sites for space stations.
- Quarantine: A procedure which is used to prevent infectious diseases from spreading. It involves isolating infected individuals and environments from coming into contact with uninfected ones for a certain period of time .
- Solar Flare (太陽フレア, Taiyō Furea): Also known as a coronal mass ejection, an ejection of matter from a sun. Solar flares and other forms of solar activity can cause disturbances in the atmospheres of planets orbiting the sun - one common sign of such activity is an aurora .
- Terraforming: A process involving the deliberate alteration of planet's environment, usually to make it habitable for colonization .
- UTTP: An application protocol used for addresses and links on online networks, similar to HTTP .
- The missile Jormungand's name comes from the World Serpent Jörmungandr from Norse mythology.
- The company Human Torch shares its name with a member of the Fantastic Four.
- Lagrangian point (Wikipedia article)
- Quarantine (Wikipedia article)
- Nanorobotics (Wikipedia article)
- Powered exoskeleton (Wikipedia article)
- Solar flare (Wikipedia article)
- Solar sail (Wikipedia article)
- Terraforming (Wikipedia article)
- Thruster (Wikipedia disambiguation)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Mouretsu Pirates: Abyss of Hyperspace
- ↑ Mouretsu Pirates: Abyss of Hyperspace Manga Chapter 3
- ↑ Miniskirt Pirates Volume 7
- ↑ Miniskirt Pirates Volume 3, Pg.25
- ↑ Miniskirt Pirates Volume 8 Chapter 1
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Sailing 25
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Sailing 24
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Sailing 22
- ↑ Sailing 12
- ↑ Miniskirt Pirates Volume 2, Pg.269
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 11.3 Sailing 18
- ↑ Miniskirt Pirates Volume 5, Pg.52
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 Sailing 2
- ↑ Sailing 5
- ↑ Miniskirt Pirates Volume 1
- ↑ Miniskirt Pirates Volume 1, Pg.137
- ↑ Sailing 13
- ↑ Sailing 14
- ↑ Sailing 21
- ↑ Sailing 01