|Mouretsu Pirates: Abyss of Hyperspace|
|Romaji||Mōretsu Pairētsu: Akuu no Shin'en|
|Alternative Title(s)||Mouretsu Pirates Movie (劇場版 モーレツパイレーツ, Gekijō-ban Mōretsu Pairētsu)|
|Theatrical Release Date||February 22nd 2014|
|Home Release Date||TBR (November 12th 2014)|
|Running Time||93 minutes|
Mouretsu Pirates: Abyss of Hyperspace (モーレツパイレーツ: 亜空の深淵, Mōretsu Pairētsu: Akuu no Shin'en) is a film for the Mouretsu Pirates series. It was announced after the final episode of the anime aired and released on February 22nd 2014 .
It is due to be released on Blu-Ray and DVD on November 12th 2014 .
The film was first announced after the final episode of the anime had aired.
In December 2012, at an end-of-year event for Mouretsu Pirates, it was announced that the movie would be released in Winter 2014. A section on the anime's website, Starchild, was opened with a piece of artwork showing Marika, Chiaki and Gruier .
On March 15th 2013, another piece of artwork, again featuring Marika, Chiaki and Gruier, was posted on the official Mouretsu Pirates twitter and Starchild's movie section , together with information that the movie was expected to be released in February 2014.
On August 31st 2013, another promotional image, a short teaser video and staff information was posted on the official Mouretsu Pirates twitter and Starchild's movie section . An official blog for the movie also started .
A monthly manga adaptation was announced on November 27th 2013 , which would begin on December 27th 2013.
On December 21st 2013, further information was added to the movie site, including character/plot information, staff details and a second teaser. The film's release date and title were also revealed . Further information was also revealed on the website in the following weeks.
The film was released in Japanese theatres on February 22nd 2014.
On July 11th, it was announced on the movie site that the film would be released on Blu-Ray and DVD on November 12th 2014, with a Limited Edition release containing several extra items, including a drama cd .
During the spring break before Marika's third year at Hakuoh Academy, Marika's days are busy with work at Lamp House, with the yacht club and aboard the Bentenmaru. Due to a number of subspace accidents which have recently occurred, various pirate jobs are being cancelled one after another. Marika is contacted by Jenny Dolittle to carry out a 'raid' on one of Fairy Jane's liners, the Begin The Begin. Noticing a certain name on the passenger list, Marika requests a little addition to the performance.
Meanwhile, a young boy named Kanata Mugen is being pursued. After boarding the Begin The Begin, Kanata is cornered by his pursuers, but at that moment, the Bentenmaru begins the raid on the liner. During the performance, Marika directs a question in Kanata's direction; "What colour lies at the end of subspace?". Understanding the meaning of this phrase, Kanata loudly demands that the pirates take him hostage rather than threaten the passengers.
After being taken aboard the Bentenmaru to the cheers of the audience, Kanata asks Marika if she knows him and learns that his father had entrusted the Bentenmaru's captain with a certain task. As the Bentenmaru leaves the liner, it is pursued by three mysterious warships. Thus begins a journey in search of the legacy left behind by Kanata's father, Professor Mugen...
- Director & Screenplay: Tatsuo Satō
- Original Story Publication: Asahi Novels "Miniskirt Pirates"
- Planning Cooperation: Asahi Shimbun Publishing
- Assistant Manager: Katsuichi Nakayama
- Original Character Conception : Akiman
- Anime Character Designs & Executive Animation Director: Osamu Horiuchi
- Mechanical Prop Design: Shoji Kawamori, Naohiro Washio, Kenji Teraoka, Masahisa Suzuki, Shinichi Miyazaki
- Prop design: Miki Yoshikawa, Biyori "Denforword" Akishino
- Art Director: Hiromasa Ogura
- Art Setting: Masahiro Sato, Thomas Romain, Yann Le Gall, Brunet Stanislas
- Colour Design: Chie Tanimoto
- CGI Producer: Tomisaburou Hashimoto
- Monitor Graphics: Hiroshi Mitsugu Ishikawa
- 3DCGI: Tatsurō Sasaki
- Director of Photography: Atsushi Iwasaki
- Editing: Kentarō Tsubone
- Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa
- Sound Effects: Naoto Yamatani
- Music: Elements Garden, Noriyasu Agematsu, Junpei Fujita, Hitoshi Fujima, Evan Call
- Music Production: StarChild Records
- Animation Production: Satelight
- Distribution: King Records, T-Joy
- Production: Mouretsu Pirates Movie Production Committee (King Records, SANKYO, Satelight)
- Presented by: Project Mo-Retsu
- Opening Theme: Mugen no Ai (Momoiro Clover Z)
- Theme Song: Kirakira-go-round (angela Presents/Shoko Nakagawa)
- Image Song: Sail away (Mikako Komatsu)
On November 27th 2013, it was announced on the movie's official blog that a monthly manga adaptation was to run in Monthly Comic Alive . The manga's first chapter was released on December 27th 2013. A tankoubon volume was released on March 22nd 2014 .
- Volume 1
- Volume 2
- The teaser which was released on August 31st 2013 features many keywords which are related to the series and the movie, with seven important ones highlighted (these include Bentenmaru, FTL Jump, Kanata Mugen, Subspace Turbulence, Flint system and Letter of Marque).
- Starchild, Mouretsu Pirates, Movie section
- Starchild, Mouretsu Pirates, Movie Blog
- Miniskirt Pirates, Mouretsu Pirates: Abyss of Hyperspace section (Japanese Wikipedia)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Starchild, Mouretsu Pirates, Movie section
- ↑ Anime News Network
- ↑ Starchild, Mouretsu Pirates, Movie section
- ↑ Starchild, Mouretsu Pirates, Movie News Entry
- ↑ Starchild, Mouretsu Pirates, Movie Blog
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Starchild, Movie Blog
- ↑ Starchild, Mouretsu Pirates, Movie section
- ↑ Starchild, Mouretsu Pirates: Abyss of Hyperspace, News
|Manga Chapters||1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9|
|Manga Volumes||1 • 2|
|Characters||Kanata Mugen • Professor Mugen • Scarlett Cypher|
|Other||Flint • Galaxy Pass • Begin The Begin • Great Depth XIII • Rhincodon-class • HH-class • Assault ship • Yggdrasil|